Dr Mariolyn Raj is an experienced Melbourne based Urologist who provides personalised surgical care for men & women with Urological conditions.
Mariolyn specialises in the treatment of the following urological conditions:
- renal stone disease including treatment using laser lithotripsy, shockwave lithotripsy & Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Prostate cancer – diagnosis & treatment
- Benign prostate hypertrophy – diagnosis & treatment including TURP, Green-light laser surgery & Urolift procedure
- Kidney, Bladder & Testicular Cancer- diagnosis & treatment
- Hematuria – diagnosis & treatment
- Overactive Bladder – diagnosis & treatment including Botox Injections
- Urodynamamics Testing for bladder dysfunction & incontinence
- Male sterilization- Vasectomy
Mariolyn obtained Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery Degree with First Class Honors from Monash University, Melbourne in 2002. She received numerous prizes for academic achievement during her medical degree.
She has undertaken surgical training both within Australia & Internationally at St Thomas’ & King’s College London. She has also undertaken further training in both laparoscopic surgery & robotics surgery in Taiwan, Italy & the United States.
Mariolyn received her Fellowship in Urology from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2013.
She currently holds Consultant Urologist positions in private & public hospitals in Melbourne including: Epworth, Freemasons, St Vincent’s Private Werribee, Western Public, & Mitcham Private Hospital
She is a Fellow of the Urological Society of Australasia, The American Urological Association, and The British Urological Society & International Continence Society.
Mariolyn is a passionate advocate for upholding & maintaining the highest standards of surgical care for all patients and is actively committed to surgical education, training & clinical research. She is a Member of the following Committees: College of Surgeons Victorian Regional Committee, Early Management of Severe Trauma Committee, Medical Advisory Committee -St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Western Health Drug & Therapeutics Committee.